This Must Be How the Pandas Feel About One of Their Kind Mistakenly Getting Gassed

07/30/2010 2:01 PM |

Did you hear about the zoo in China that inadvertently gassed its star attraction, a 21-year-old giant panda named Quan Quan, earlier this week? Workers were apparently disinfecting another area of Jinan Zoo in Shandong province when their chlorine, chlorine hydride and carbon monoxide mixture made its way into the ventilation system and seeped into the panda pen, killing the mother of seven. Understandably, people are pissed, as, presumably, are the pandas. If they could they’d inform zoo officials of their outrage in a manner similar to the above commercial for some sort of panda-flavored spread. Which, gross, right? (Ufunk)