Yesterday was the first full day of Northside Open Studios, and in nearly five hours I managed to cover two big studio buildings (87 Richardson and 255 Calyer), and one artist’s home studio in between them. Herein are the highlights. On today’s schedule: 250 and 61 Greenpoint Avenue, and the India Street Art Festival. See you out there!
- Two more marine-themed sculptures in Raphaela Riepl‘s studio.
- Two bead-encrusted hearts by Esperanza Cortes at 87 Richardson.
- Dan Sabau‘s very clearly marked home studio door.
- Paintings in Marjorie Van Cura‘s studio at 255 Calyer Street.
- An exceptional installation of drawings, prints and balloon-shaped paper sculptures by Mira Alibek.
- A nearly finished painting by Kristine Moran in her studio at 255 Calyer.