Page 3 of 10
11) Develop a system to keep yourself organized. It can be a notebook, it can be Evernote, just make sure you'll be able to write and edit at all times in a place where it won't get lost.
12) Many people still use Facebook. Make sure you have a Facebook that you use to promote yourself, although not too enthusiastically.
13) Make sure to tell your mom to stay away from your Facebook. You don’t want her liking everything. Moms have no self-control.
14) Make sure you have an active Twitter account.
15) Make sure you have an active Instagram feed.
16) Adopt a cat and name it after your favorite snack food.
17) Tweet about your new cat, Sir Spicy Thai Kettle Chips. Call him Sir Spicy for short.
18) You may also adopt a dog, but it must be either comically small or large. No in-betweeners.
19) Name the dog after a dead, but beloved, literary figure. Not enough people name their dogs Roberto Bolaño, but they should.
20) Take a series of Photo Booth pics with #s 16 and 19, post them 2 to 3 times per week on #14 and #15. This is non-negotiable.