Starting this week, every Thursday I'm going to show you one of the things I spend too much time looking up for no reason. I already have a really big backlog.
Up first: misspelled tattoos. The "CHITONW
" tattoo got a bunch of press a few months ago—it was so outrageously bad that afterward a bunch of people got it on purpose in ironic solidarity. What else has been misspelled, permanently, on someone's body? Unfortunately, I bet a lot of people don't come forth. STET. Here are my favorites:
10. Good job.
9. "Hello, nice to meet you."
8. Wait, there's real text for this that I'm not making up—it's from someone in Beijing:
"Mine simply says FRUNK. The letters are so beautiful and
flow so smoothly into each other. The word actually means old soul with
young spirit in English. How cool is that? :-)"
7. "Pretty much it's my favorite song. It's like, when you feel pain it's because you're doing something that you're doing on purpose, and you're like, this is it."
6. "Fuck! Mother fucker."
4. Aaaand this one isn't a misspelling, but
3. In the same vein...
2. "Hey you guys, look what I got. Check it out. Dave, you guys, John. Look at this shit!"
1. My favorite! OK clearly this one is written in Sharpie (right? please let it be
Sharpie/not be Sharpie), but it's amazing. The kid is like four years
old, also. Look at that Grim Reaper
. This is the best tattoo in the
world. The end!