Did you know that as part of its decades-in-the-making makeover and swallowing up of the nearby Lawrence Street station, the Jay Street-Borough Hall
subway station in Downtown Brooklyn will be changing names to "Jay Street-MetroTech"? How cold and quasi-Orwellian does that sound, right? The Post points out
that the new A, C, F, N and R superstation has been in the works since 2007, and completion is still a long way off, so maybe they're still taking suggestions for better names than the retro-futuristic "Jay Street-MetroTech."
- In lieu of Some random Bed-Stuy block being renamed "Sean Carter Way."
- Seriously, the concentration of fast food restaurants at Jay and Willoughby is stunning.
- Ever been around here after 10pm? No you haven't! Nobody has.
- Because, you know, it's an almost equally massive perpetual construction site down there.
(photo by jag9889)
- Or is it more like Brooklyn's 14th Street?