- A bubble wrap squid filled with lights and light bulbs hanging in Raphaela Riepl's studio at 87 Richardson.
Yesterday was the first full day of Northside Open Studios, and in nearly five hours I managed to cover two big studio buildings (87 Richardson and 255 Calyer), and one artist's home studio in between them. Herein are the highlights. On today's schedule: 250 and 61 Greenpoint Avenue, and the India Street Art Festival. See you out there!
- Giant pixelated nudes printed on canvas by Christopher Clary.
- Dan Sabau's very clearly marked home studio door.
- Beautiful watercolor portraits by Dan Sabau.
- An exceptional installation of drawings, prints and balloon-shaped paper sculptures by Mira Alibek.
- A nearly finished painting by Kristine Moran in her studio at 255 Calyer.
- Two works-in-progress in Kristine Moran's studio.
- A pretty bouquet of eyes in the hallway at 255 Calyer.