Page 2 of 6
1. Illana Hester, artist, and friends Alex Duke and Pony [dog]
Lives in Bushwick
1. What brings you guys out today to GO? Illana: I live just around the corner.
2.You made a list of studios you’re visiting? Illana: I always do! I live in the neighborhood and my husband and I run Ill Pinto, an artist’s collective. We always try and check it out; we have a lot of friends in the community. We’ve been here for a long time, so we remember when it [Bushwick] was grittier.
3. This [GO] is not gritty at all? Illana: I know, but that’s the cool thing. Now there’s a huge influx of artists and everyone who used to be here in the community suddenly has resources. There’s a lot more exhibition spaces than there used to be, restaurants, and venues to connect.
4. Are you guys voting in GO? Illana: Voting?
5. Do you know about voting? Illana: I didn’t know we had to vote!