Page 5 of 6
I walked into Katie’s studio, but her door didn’t have a sign for GO. Like a handful of other artists in Bogart, Katie wasn’t part of GO, but kept her studio open.
1. What made you want to get a studio out in Bushwick? I knew that in this building there would be a lot of foot traffic, people are doing interesting things, and there’s a couple of multimedia galleries I really like. So, yeah, this is the perfect location.
2. What made you open up your studio if you’re not registered with GO? We knew about it; some people in our building suggested we sign up, but then it was too late. We thought we may as well open our doors and let people come in to see what we’re up to.
3. Do you think it’s been pretty busy around here?
4. What type of questions have people been asking you about your work? Since the work I do is so technical, a lot of people want to know how I made it, and what programs I use.
5. So what programs do you use? Maya and After Effects.