Page 4 of 4
• Davey the brothel keeper/Came out, dismissed his girls/Saw the water getting deeper/Saw the changing of his world.
• Leo said to Kiel/"I think I'm going to mad"/But he lost his mind already/Whatever mind he had.
• The host was pouring brandy/He was going down slow/He stayed right 'till the ending/He was the last to go.
• The captain barely breathing/Kneeling at the wheel/Above a man beneath him/Fifty thousand tons of steel.
• He looked over at his compass/And he gazed into its face/Needle pointing downward/He knew he lost the race.
• When the reaper's task had ended/Sixteen hundred had gone to rest/The good, the bad, the rich, the poor/The loveliest and the best.
It's a sad song.
Follow Lauren Beck on Twitter at @heylaurenbeck.