Page 2 of 2
6. We don't know how anybody could have missed this, but The Red Hot Chili Peppers mimed their entire Super Bowl performance and Flea published a response to the incident on the RHCP website. If this isn't a nail in the coffin of an increasingly irrelevant band, we don't know what is. [Rolling Stone]
7. Pussy Riot's most famous members, Nadezhda “Nadya” Tolokonnikova and Maria “Masha” Alyokhina, are now the feminist art collective's most famous ex-members. [Brooklyn Magazine]
8. Norwegian electropop songstress, Annie, has released a racy music video for her new protest single "Russian Kiss" on this, the first day of the Sochi Winter Olympics. Accordingly, the video is full of same sex kissing and encourages viewers to "Shake a fist for the Russian kiss." Okay, Annie, we're on board. Especially because the song is so catchy. [Stereogum]
9. We can't make this stuff up: Andrew W.K. has once again teamed up with internet cat du jour, Lil' Bub, for Lil' Bub's Special Special, which will premiere on Animal Planet tomorrow night at 9p.m. Ahead of the premiere, Animal Planet has released an insane music video for "Star Party Animal" starring W.K. and his feline friend. [Pitchfork]
10. Here are two Marvin Gaye-related news items: First, his ex-wife Anna Gordy Gaye (sister to Berry Gordy) passed away at the age of 91 on January 31. She helped write songs for his seminal recordWhat's Going On. Second, some lucky bastard spent 50 cents on an album and found Marvin Gaye's passport inside it. Said passport is valued at $20,000. [The Strut]
New singles: Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX, Migos, Future, Lily Allen (for the Girls soundtrack), St. Vincent, A-Trak & Lex Luger, Kelela, Beck, Miguel (for the Girls soundtrack), Klaxons, Major Lazer, John Dwyers (of Thee Oh Sees), Ex Hex.