Page 4 of 7
"You Don't Love Me Anymore," the first single from the debut Shark? album will be out on 7" via Oops Baby Records on February 22.
1. Genesis - "Counting Out Time" - Listen here
You pour your father a scotch, and yourself the same. Take the first sip, and begin talking about women.
2. Cheap Trick - "Surrender" - Listen here
Your father used to get stoned to this song. He explains how differen ("better") weed used to be.
3. Harry Nilsson - "Jump Into The Fire" - Listen here
Your father needs another scotch.
4. The Kinks - "(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman" - Listen here
A conversation about late-era Kinks vs. early Kinks ends poorly, much like last Thanksgiving's conversation on gays in the military.
5. Nick Lowe - "I Love The Sound of Breaking Glass" - Listen here
You explain to you father how Nick Lowe basically wrote Elvis Costello's best song. You need more scotch.
6. Stevie Wonder - "Boogie On Reggae Woman" - Listen here
It is agreed that everyone loves Stevie Wonder, and that those who say they don't are clearly assholes.
7. Warren Zevon - "Nighttime in the Switching Yard" - Listen here
8. David Bowie - "Golden Years" - Listen here
Your father tells you that story about the time he almost saw David Bowie in concert.
9. Big Star - "Feel" - Listen here
Your dad used to get stoned to this album. It seems like he's bringing this up a lot, but you really don't wanna share your stash with him.
10. Fleetwood Mac - "Rhiannon" - Listen here
11. Steely Dan - "Bad Sneakers" - Listen here
Dad's eyes are getting heavy. He's talking about some show on television that you've never heard of and you're pretty sure he made up.
12. Harry Nilsson - "Coconut" - Listen here
Take the bottle of scotch, and leave your father passed out on the kitchen table to by found by your mom in the morning.