Page 4 of 6
A Mix I'd Give Ty Segall on February 14 If He Were My Boyfriend
1. The Magnetic Fields - Come Back From San Francisco
He lives in San Fran, I live in Brooklyn. That first line is perfect.
2. Tropical Popsicle - The Age of Attraction
The type of song that would soundtrack a romantic comedy following a guitar player and a music writer at the start of a budding relationship, starring Ryan Gosling and Mandy Moore, thank you very much.
3. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
Bottles the feel of young love into a two-minute tirade, ever so endearingly.
4. Terry Malts - Tumble Down
Music for frolicking around San Francisco from a San Francisco band.
5. The Babies - Meet Me in the City
Music for frolicking around Brooklyn by a Brooklyn band.
6. Gospel Music - Are Your Parents Still Together? (feat. Cassie Ramone)
We can do it better.
7. Best Coast - When I'm With You
Best Coast hearts the beach and having fun, which makes it seem like a logical choice for this one.
8. Mikal Cronin - You Gotta Have Someone
"You gotta have someone, even if they're not there." Ha. Haha.
9. The Promise Ring - Make Me a Mixtape
10. Japanther - Um, Like, Your Smile Is Totally Ruling Me Right Now
No comment on this one.
11. Times New Viking - Ever Falling in Love
This was one of my favorite favorite songs from 2011, Ty. What was yours?
12. Beulah - If We Can Land a Man on the Moon, Surely I Can Win Your Heart
Listen here on Spotify.