Page 5 of 6
For Those Who've Reached the Point Where Being a Contestant on "The Bachelor"/"The Bachelorette" Sounds Like a Good Idea
1. The Beastie Boys - Girls
A key element to the series, obviously. The Beastie Boys
2. Belle & Sebastian - White Collar Boy
Without him, there would be no "Bachelorette."
3. Bran Van 3000 - Drinking in L.A.
What you should be prepared to do on the show.
4. Boat - God Save the Man Who Isn't All That Super
"In the five days I've known you, I've told you lies and things that aren't true/I've told you all about my family." Also, you're not always that super, Bachelor guy/Bachelorette lady.
5. Darlings - TV
A love letter to television.
6. Dum Dum Girls - Teardrops on My Pillow
See: track three.
7. Girls - Lust for Life
Everybody's a little crazy, remember that.
8. LCD Soundsystem - Drunk Girls
See: track three.
9. Sonny & the Sunsets - Love Among Social Animals
Some call the reality television dating show a social experiment. Here's a song for that.
10. Woom - The Hunt
If Courtney the Mean Supermodel has taught us anything this season, it's all about the thrill of the hunt.
11. The Glands - Swim
Well, to take the song title literally, you should be prepared to go swimming daily and have an assortment of 12-14 bathing suits on hand during the course of the season. Sonically, the melody beckons you to lean in. See: track ten.
12. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've?)
Oh, you mean every couple that ends up together on this show with the exception of ABC's saving grace Trista and Ryan?
13. Wreckless Eric - Whole Wide World
This final three-song suite has a kind of strange poetry to it, reminding us that what may seem like exaggerated feelings to the listener/viewer are sometimes not at all exaggerated to the musician/participant.
14. The Smiths - Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
15. Guided by Voices - Hold on Hope
This goes out to everyone who's sat in the backseat of a black car and balled their eyes out.
Listen here on Spotify.