Page 3 of 3
- The federal government could create a per-mile business travel deduction formula that takes C02 emissions into account.
- Local governments could offer airports tax incentives to construct bicycle access and parking facilities.
- The federal government could offer city governments subsidies or demand by law that all public transport vehicles (bus or train) have reasonable bicycle accommodation.
- Amtrak could create a carry-on-and-lock section for all trains.
- Airlines could sell standard bike bags at airports (a source of income) and include in the bag a multi-size wrench for quick disassembly of bike wheels and pedals.
- Local governments could offer tax incentives for airports to offer bike rental facilities on site.
To date, I still can't park my bike at LaGuardia#&8212;and I have given up trying. I just lock my bike on 94th Street and walk across the Grand Central Parkway. In the meantime, I have gotten used to having a bicycle in every port.