Page 5 of 27
How to Get Yourself Banned from a DIY Gallery in Someone’s Bushwick Apartment
1. Visit primarily to kill time as you wait hours in line for pizza, for instance, at a famous restaurant.
2. Visit primarily to use the bathroom because that line, clearly, was also long. Or because you didn’t find one in the last gallery you visited.
3. Expound with gusto on how apartment galleries are nothing new. We know, we know, we know.
4. Regard the artwork as somehow beside the point. It is, in fact, the entire point.
5. Treat an opening or closing like a big house party. Well, ok, that’s sometimes the case.
Paul D’Agostino runs the gallery Centotto out of his Bushwick apartment, where he has sustained a cracked rib and black eye.