Page 6 of 27
How to Advocate for a Bike Lane
1. Spend countless hours attending community board and city council meetings.
2. Identify bike-minded public officials and curry favor with them by participating in their pet-projects.
3. Work with engineers and city planners to conduct environmental impact and traffic-flow studies.
4. Contact DOT to request navigation help thru the city’s bureaucratic permit and planning process.
5. Buy a paint spray gun, get on your bike at 4am and paint your own damn bike lane.
Gaylen Hamilton, Time’s Up