What Old Movie Theaters in Brooklyn Look Like Now
4 of 10
A few blocks east of the old Oriental, just past Twentieth Avenue, is the old Benson Theater, which opened in 1921 and survived into 1988, according to
Cinema Treasures. Originally a 1,400-seater, it was eventually split into two smaller theaters and known as the Benson Twin. The box office was where the entrance to the Rite Aid is now (see an old photo here
by scrolling to the bottom); notice the two stone-carved Bs that remain at the tops of either end of the building.